The use of Luxovit as an aggregate in the top layers of asphalt roads greatly increases the light reflection, thereby significantly increasing night time visibility in both dry and wet conditions.
- High skid resistance of the road surface.
- Increased light reflection means increased visibility.
- High resistance against deformation of the road surface. The highly reflective surface reduces the summer temperature build up of the road by several degrees.
- Good adhesion of the stone to the binder, due to the cubic shape.
- Cost savings, initially in investments in road and street lighting and maintenance, thereafter in reduced energy consumption.
- Can be mixed into the asphalt or spread directly onto the surface after paving.